TEMS Quarterly Day-Long Continuing Education
The 2017 second quarter's focus is Stroke hosted by Stroke Services, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. All EMS personnel and nurses are invited to attend. June 23 and repeated June 24. The time is 8:30 - 4:30, lunch provided. Topics will include:
- Large Vessel Occlusion and Recognition
- Stroke Scales and Neurological Assessment
- Stroke Mimics and Chameleons
- Emergency Department Patient Turnover & Communication
- Stroke Prevention and Risk Assessment
Register for Friday June 23 at the Tidewater EMS Council
Register for Saturday June 24 at the Tidewater EMS Council
Next up are:
August 25 (repeated August 26) - Trauma Day, with lectures and hands-on skills at Norfolk Fire-Rescue.
October TBA - Patient simulations and cadaver lab at EVMS.
All CE workshops are sponsored in part by our 2017 Platinum Partners Sentara Healthcare and the Kent J. Weber Family, Gold Partner Bon Secours, as well as our local hosts. Thank you!