We are seeking volunteers to support the 2018 Virginia EMS Symposium that will be held in Norfolk November 7 - 13, 2016.
The symposium has been held in Norfolk for the last 29 years. Norfolk has hosted this event 29 of the 39 years it has been held. The support provided by Norfolk Fire – Rescue and their Regional Partners has helped make it one of the premier EMS training conferences on the east coast.
We are asking you to consider volunteering, to help with registration, logistics and driving the airport/transportation shuttle. For those who volunteer for 3 or more shifts, we can provide a full complimentary symposium registration. For those unable to give 3 shifts any available time would be greatly appreciated. (There are approximately 4 slots for each Southside EMS Agency).
If interested in assisting please complete the following online volunteer form with your availability by the COB on Friday, September 28.
Volunteer Sign-up can be found at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084da9a828a7f58-2018
- For those who sign-up for three (3) volunteer shift. Instruction will be sent on how to complete your complimentary symposium registration. Do not attempt to register online through the regular registration process.
Visit VOEMS website for more information about the 2018 Virginia EMS Symposium.
In addition, we are also looking for EMS Agencies who can assist with travel accommodations. We are looking for 2 transportation vans per day. The time frames are as follows (Time will vary):
- Tuesday, November 6 1700 to 2100
- Wednesday, November 7 0700 to 1800
- Thursday, November 8 0700 to 1700
- Friday, November 9 0700 to 1700
- Saturday, November 10 0700 to 2000
Thank you for assisting with this event. Should you have any questions, please contact me.
Daniel A. Norville
Battalion Chief / Chief Medical Officer
100 Brooke Ave., Suite 500
Norfolk, VA 23510